Couple of weeks ago, I shared the details about my for charity book launch and giveaway. To quickly recap-My book is focused on introducing supply chain functional managers to the world of advanced analytics, as applied to their domain (supply chain and operations management). I planned to give 100 free print copies to first 100 requests submitted (subject to certain criteria).
All the requests submitted on the website went directly to my self publishing company who filtered the requests based on my criteria. I wanted to use this post to provide a status update on the giveaway:
- We ended up receiving 300+ requests
- 100 readers were selected based on the criteria (functional SCM managers/leaders, company email address for validation)
- There were requests from many current students (.edu email IDs). Though I can’t ship hard copies to them currently, once the book gets published in Kindle version, it will be free to read for anyone who has a registered student account with Amazon
- Print copy will be mailed out on 18th Feb 2019
- The e-version of the book should be available on Amazon late March or early April
To be very candid, I did not expect this large volume of requests so was pleasantly surprised. I hope this book meets the expectations of the readers. Once you receive the book and get the time to read it, please feel free to provide feedback so that I can make improvements to the subsequent versions.
Last, but not the least-Please donate generously to St. Jude’s children’s research hospital.